These cookies have been a success here for years. They are the best cookies ever, you will not find a better recipe. Moreover, they are also very easy to make. The only downside is that the dough is at least as tasty as the cookies. Therefore, assume that half disappears into thin air...
These hearts are of the short bread type; firm but also brittle and crumbly. The base can of course be used for other occasions, but with Valentine's Day we turn it into sweet hearts. You can find the recipe and the (very extensive) how-to here on this very sweet baking blog called Sugary Winzy . Below our variant with love for you.
This is what our cookies usually look like.
Quantity: many hearts
Preparation time: 45 minutes (including baking)
- 330 grams unsalted butter
- 100 grams of granulated sugar
- 85 grams of powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 375 grams of flour
- a few drops of red food coloring (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 150℃
- put the butter in a large mixing bowl and make it smooth
- add the granulated sugar and mix well
- add the powdered sugar and salt and mix until smooth
- then add the flour and mix until fully incorporated
- optional: add a few drops of food coloring. Mix the color with the dough until well mixed
- if you want to cut out the cookies with (heart) shapes, wrap the dough in plastic wrap and let it cool in the fridge for about 15 minutes
- then divide the dough into two or three portions. Roll out per portion on a floured work surface and make the cookies with a cookie cutter
- Bake the cookies on a baking tray lined with baking paper for about 15 minutes (keep an eye on it yourself in the meantime)
- remove them from the oven and sprinkle lightly with some granulated sugar while they are still very warm
- let them cool down and pack them in a bag or box, make it something beautiful ❤️
And your sweet, homemade Valentine's Day presents are ready!
Do you already know who you will surprise with Valentine's Day?
Author - Mariko Naber
Mariko is the happy brain behind Happlify. Together with partner Mark she runs Sell your stuff online, branding agency Loaded ink BNO and Atelier Naber . She loves feel good, random acts of kindness, meatballs, chocolate mousse, family time, zee, piña colada, sugar & spice and everything nice 💛