You will have this breakfast on the table in no time, but it looks like a real feast. So if you want to have breakfast together on the weekend - without having to spend hours in the kitchen first - then this recipe is for you!
Servings: 4 | Preparation: 5 min | Cooking time: 10 min | Total: 15 min
Ingredients for the Breakfast Pizzas
- 4 medium eggs
- 1 roll of puff pastry
- 4 tbsp herb cream cheese of your choice 30 g Serrano ham
- small bag of arugula
- 5 - 10g Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- pepper and salt
Oven, baking paper, cheese grater, baking tray.
Download and save this recipe, click here
You don't need an endless list of ingredients or equipment for this recipe. As long as you have a (combi) oven and a baking tray, you can get started. What is especially nice about this recipe is that you can have breakfast on the table for several people at the same time without too much effort. So no hassle with baking per portion and trying to keep the rest warm, but just take it out of the oven and enjoy your breakfast together!
- Remove your baking tray from the oven and preheat the oven to 220°C (or follow any different instructions on the packaging of your puff pastry).
- Place a sheet of baking paper on your baking tray and roll out your puff pastry on it.
Poke a few holes in the bottom of your puff pastry with a fork.
- Spread your puff pastry with about 4 tablespoons of herb cream cheese. Keep a few centimeters free around the edges of the puff pastry.
- Fold the edges of the puff pastry inwards to prevent the egg from sliding off.
- Divide half slices of Serrano ham over the puff pastry. Tip: these can also keep the eggs in place well, so if you want the eggs in specific places, use this to your advantage and plan ahead!
- Break the eggs and pour them alternately on the puff pastry. Season to taste by sprinkling some dried parsley, pepper and a little salt over it.
- Bake the breakfast pizza in the oven for about 10 minutes. The egg white should be completely set and the egg yolk should be fully cooked, without becoming too dry.
- Remove the breakfast pizza from the oven and finish it off by sprinkling another handful of arugula on top and grating some Parmesan cheese over it.
- Serve & enjoy your meal!
Tell me, are you going to try this too?
Shannah combines her love of photography and food on her food blog Just Gimme Fries . Here she brings Asian & Western food together through easy, yet delicious recipes. Furthermore, you always make her happy with fries, videos of cats & facts about Japan.